A director is a story-teller. He takes the script and moulds it into a visual
tale. He has to have an in-depth understanding of screenwriting, acting,
cinematography, editing, sound recording and design procedures of filmmaking.
ICE Direction Course
A comprehensive course that takes students through the required
knowledge areas for becoming a good Director. Students start with the
fundamental concepts and move on to professional-level crafting.
Students are taught how to achieve a balance between aesthetics and
The ICE Direction Course is conducted by instructors who are also professionals in their respective fields - working actors, writers, directors and producers. They are respected veterans of the industry and they give each student the personal focus necessary for launching their careers as Directors.
ICE DIRECTION Course Curriculum:
- Captivating storytelling with proper technical finish in each production
- Synchronous teamwork with each member functioning sensitively and
professionally in harmony with each other
- Screening and analysis of films of the greatest Directors
- Vocabulary & Commands of Film Industry
- Tools of screenwriting - Character, conflict & structure
- Film appreciation and analysis
- Safety Procedures While Shooting
- Imagination & Visualization
- Creating a world with Visual & Sound
- Sound design - including indoor recording & outdoor recording
- Continuity of Space & Time
- Story Boarding & Ground Plan
- Visualization to execution- Concept of Mis-en Scene
- Working with Actors
- Scouting Outdoor Location
- Production Design
After successfully completing the course, students can start their careers as Directors, Associate Directors, Unit Directors and Assistant Directors in film, television, theater, publishing houses and advertising agencies.